Wednesday 10 April 2013

Battle Axe Gig Vol. 5 Earthdom 30 Mar 2013

    Battle Axe Gig Vol. 5 went off at Earthdom in Shin Okubo on the 30th of March.  I went along with Makiko from F.I.D. (who recently played at Obscene Extreme Asia), and took some happy snaps.  Fatal Desolation were up first and were a regular death metal type band.  Decent sound, no pretense, solid act.  Necrophile were up next, a Black Metal act.  They were ok.  Velvet Worm, an all-female hard rock act, were the crowd favourite.  They've been around for a long time, according to Makiko, and they play a great live set.  The lead singer kept the crowd amused with raunchy ditties in between songs (to shouts of 'ERO!' from the audience).  The final act was Doraid, a Black-ish Metal band, and the crowd got between my camera and the band, so only one decent shot.  But they were a good finisher for the night.  Cheers Battle Axe!  And Cheers Makiko!

  Fatal Desolation.  I was wearing a Grave t-shirt on the night as well.  Fashion couple...eek!
 Necrophile dramatic pose.
 Windmill headbanging ultra-pose.  But wait...
 Check out these ultra mega mega metal shoes!  Ouch!
 Boom Tish Boom Tish....
 Serious hair.  I hardly saw her face all night.
 There we go...
Yes, that's right.  Fuck Your Brain!
 Crowd Favourite Velvet Worm.  A Femme Fatale cross between AC/DC and Motorhead.  Solid!
 What's not to like?
Rock On!
 (Yeah, I did take a few shots, didn't I...)
 (Well, the bass player was closer, and the crowd were going crazy at this stage)
 Ahh, the singer.
 Nice.
 Fan Service.
 I See You!
 The main act, Doraid, went sick.  So much so that I didn't want to imperil my camera.  Here's a sneaky shot of their gimp drummer.


My images do not belong to the Public Domain. All material in this portfolio is owned and © copyrighted by Peter Pascoe (Doctor Pedro). Any reproduction, modification, publication, transmission, transfer, or exploitation of any of the content, for personal or commercial use, whether in whole or in part, without written permission from myself is prohibited by law. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment